In this post, we bring you 10 Important tips for running a successful business. Small business fail not because of lack of money or lack of managerial skill. Some business fail because the manger or the owners of the business lack some characteristics that the business needs to survive. For-instance, most business owners just lack some ethical principles in business. The following points are based on my observations of successful business operators. I believe that they are all equally important.
To help this process, here are 10 Important Tips for Running a Successful Business. Use it as a checklist to make sure your thinking and your business plan are on the right track.
10 Important Tips for Running a Successful Business.
1. Surround yourself with positive people and keep negativity out of your life. If you don’t like what you are doing then start planning to change the business you are in. It is amazing how happy you will be and how much money you can make when you love what you do.
2. If you promise to do something, make sure that you do it. One of the biggest downfalls of small business owners is lack of reliability. The biggest compliment I can get from a client is when they commend me doing a job on time and on a budget.
3. Be organized. Take time to organize those records, balance the cheque book and clear the desk or tidy the workshop. Working in a cluttered environment invites mistakes and inefficiency.
4. Take pride in your appearance. Iron those overalls, tidy the office and put some flowers in the waiting room ¬– people notice. If you look good you will feel good and your business will benefit.
5. Compliment people sincerely – your family, staff of your business and your customers. If you don’t have anything good to say, sell up and move away.
6. Treat everyone that walks in the door as a potential customer – even if they are trying to sell you something, one day they may be looking to buy something from you.
7. Don’t worry about money – work on marking money. Worrying about a bill never got it paid any faster. Spend the time implementing some simple marketing ideas and figure out ways to get more customers to the business.
8. Be open to new and innovative ideas. If you find yourself saying the dreaded words, ‘that’s the way we have always done it and that’s the way we are going to keep doing it’, perhaps, you are not as flexible and open as you could be. An idea that could make a lot richer may be in the head of a friend or a member of staff who feels that you may not appreciate if they voiced their suggestion. Encourage innovation and open thinking.
9. Be completely honest and ethical in every of your dealings. It is important that you are able to walk down the street with your head high.
10. Take time out to relax and recharge your batteries. You won’t get an award if you work nonstop for ten years. You only get harden arteries, ulcers for staying off food and a sore back for long time of sitting. Its not all about money, Its about taking time for you, Its a time to eat well, catch up with family, friends that you have not being in touch with for awhile. Have a nice rest – money will always come.